Location: Brisbane, QLD – Permanent / Full Time
Soda is the home of innovative Australian-based businesses that are paving the way for a future backed by critical digital infrastructure, environmental sustainability, and business ventures. More than a holding company, we are a launchpad for Australian innovation and prosperity founded by serial entrepreneur, Bevan Slattery.
About the Role
In the role of Senior GIS Specialist, you will design and develop systems and process, coordinate our Geographic Information System (GIS) and provide reliable, up-to-date spatial information in order to complement decision-making across the Soda Group.
We are seeking an experienced GIS leader who is passionate about GIS and spatial systems and is excited to build on that experience to fully harness the power of spatial systems in a modern, forward-thinking organisation. Initially the role will be focused on building out the core GIS/Spatial function of a network infrastructure business.
Key Duties & Deliverables
- Taking control and management of Soda’s core GIS platforms including ConnectMaster and ARCGIS
- Working towards building up standard procedures across the Group
- Creating template work packages for network construction, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Completing network inventory and asset management
- Building out internal and external access to spatial tools in an easy, but secure manner in line with requirements
- Conducting investigations around creating an initial BIM capability in the Group, including capturing existing facilities and location using LIDAR to include in BIM models
Once the core functions and capabilities are established, we are looking for a GIS leader who will then work on extending our capability to second order functions and integrating the GIS function into other core systems amongst the group including:
- Finance system
- Asset management systems
- OSS/BSS systems
- Facility Management Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Environmental alerts/alarms
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, with a background in GIS / spatial systems
- Organised and detailed with a non-negotiable attitude towards data hygiene
- Passionate about GIS/Spatial and enjoys building teams, systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability in ArcGIS platform, MapInfo and while not necessary, some history with Connect Master would be a bonus
- Experienced in designing and managing fibre optic networks outside plant including ducts, cables, splice enclosures, pits as well as inside plant (racks, patching, pre-term etc.)
- Experience in using and capable of developing clear and concise work packages for projects including scope, provisioning, as-builts and audit
- Specific experience with digital environmental reporting, approvals and impact assessments
- Experience in integrating third party/external data sets into core GIS systems (eg. Mapping/geo-services, Google Earth (preferred but not essential)
- Experience using BIM for spatial design (preferred by not essential)
- Knowledge of important GIS concepts such as projection, datum, scale and cartographic principles
- An understanding of database management and workflow automation; ideally proficient in SQL and spatial database management
- Familiarity and compliance with relevant legislation, Australian Standards, Design Guidelines and Codes of Practice
- An innate ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively within a dynamic, close-knit team
Candidates must hold current Australian citizenship status to meet governmental criteria for NV1 Baseline Clearance, which is essential for this role.
A Better place to Work
We have an amazing team doing amazing things, which is why we ensure we provide perks that matter and benefits that truly count.
Life is not one-size-fits-all and that’s what keeps it interesting! At Soda, we pride ourselves on understanding and recognising our team’s unique experiences, milestones, and key drivers both personally and professionally.