Location: Brisbane, QLD – Permanent / Full Time
Soda is the home of innovative Australian-based businesses that are paving the way for a future backed by critical digital infrastructure, environmental sustainability, and business ventures. More than a holding company, we are a launchpad for Australian innovation and prosperity founded by serial entrepreneur, Bevan Slattery.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to build a NOC Team and function from the ground up! As NOC Manager, you will provide overall direction and leadership to the operations activities of the Network Operations Centre, owning the day-to-day coordination, management, monitoring and performance of the Team. You will also be required to work within the NOC Team, participating in normal and after hours/ on call rosters.
You will be our eyes and ears across all network infrastructure projects, liaising with key executives across the wider Soda Infrastructure Group, third party technicians and external clients and customers.
Please note: this is a full-time permanent opportunity based in Brisbane, with an on-site working arrangement. Additionally, this role contains an on-call requirement, candidates must be willing to be on-call for escalations on a rotating roster.
Candidates must hold current Australian citizenship status to meet governmental criteria for NV1 Baseline Clearance, which is essential for this role.
Key Duties & Deliverables
- Hire, develop, and retain highly responsive and customer-focused NOC Engineers to ensure the effective operation of the NOC function
- Oversee the team, ensuring continuous quality, performance and improvement on all network operations and infrastructure
- Provide expertise, advice, and guidance across our suite of telecommunication networks within the NOC function
- Manage the resolution of incidents across the full range of supported services, specialising in Wavelength/ Transmission and IP technologies
- Perform Tier-2 and 3 escalation support and act as the point of contact in the NOC for all inquiries from Senior Leadership
- Deliver real-time, crisis management and communication of network security, health and status to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor all critical infrastructure across the Group, including fibre, transmission, switch/ routing assets, facilities and inventory spares
- Investigate network alerts, hardware malfunctions and any outages, planned and unplanned, and complete post incidence reports for the customer and Group Executives
- Ensure continual process improvement within the NOC including automation tasks, and reporting, implementation of enterprise-wide monitoring initiatives, and route administration tasks
- Qualification or significant experience in Telecommunications Engineering or currently in training for full qualification
- Extensive knowledge of a telecoms operational environment
- Understanding of Transmission/ Long-haul/ Subsea/ Optical Networks
- Expertise in network deployment, infrastructure, and troubleshooting
- Proven supervisory experience in a similar 24/7 NOC environment
- Ready and willing to work within the NOC roster, in addition to building the NOC function and overseeing the team
- Exceptional customer relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, meet deadlines within an agile start-up environment
A Better place to Work
We have an amazing team doing amazing things, which is why we ensure we provide perks that matter and benefits that truly count.
Life is not one-size-fits-all and that’s what keeps it interesting! At Soda, we pride ourselves on understanding and recognising our team’s unique experiences, milestones, and key drivers both personally and professionally.